Our company values form the beliefs and principles that drive our business. Our values impact our employee experience, the services we deliver and the relationships we develop with our clients.
- Challenging the Status Quo
- Rewarding Success
- Creativity and Innovation
- Mutual Support
- Strong Personal Relationships
- Personal Responsibility
- Honesty & Integrity
We believe in evolution in all we do. In each piece of work we do, we challenge ourselves to consider whether or not it could be done better, be it a tweak or a fundamental change. Equally, we apply this to our clients and, where appropriate, will consider whether or not established practice is in their best interests.
- Value individuality
- Show initiative and challenge our comfort zones
- Nurture independent thinking and ideas
We believe our people are the key to our success. We work hard to ensure that this is the best possible place for them to work and develop.
- Take time out to acknowledge a job well done
- Clear objectives and career paths
- Accessible senior management aware of all areas of the business
- Early responsibility and client exposure
We believe that the best consultants have an imaginative flair, which, when combined with commercial common sense, means our clients receive innovative, relevant and practical advice. As each client and each problem are treated as a blank page, we will never present generic advice
- Adopt a proactive approach to problem solving and improvements
- Give others the freedom to try things out and support without interfering
- Create and make the most of opportunities
We believe in working as a closely-knit team. Information and ideas are freely shared; we stand up for each other and do not have a blame culture; we treat each other with consideration and respect and help each other out whenever possible.
- Help each other out by freely giving advice and sharing the workload
- Ask for help when we need it and learn from our mistakes
- Share ideas, opportunities, knowledge and resources
- Try to understand each others’ points of view
- Consult and involve others in decisions
Our client relationships are more than just business. We aim to build long-standing relationships which help us to understand the people and companies involved. We care about their success and are committed to delivering value. It is essential that our clients enjoy working with us.
- Adopt a proactive approach and ensure we communicate with our clients regularly
- Think about the needs of our clients and what might interest them
- Take the time to understand our clients’ aspirations and service requirements
- Seek out, and respond to client feedback
- Build relationships at all levels
We treat each other as equals. We all have a strong sense of responsibility to colleagues, clients and the firm. This empowers us and encourages us to adopt a personal perspective. We can be ourselves.
- Demonstrate faith and trust in each other
- Delegate and encourage people to take responsibility as early as possible
- Provide regular feedback and challenge each other on how we can do better
- Lead by example
This is much more than compliance with professional standards: it is about transparency and prudent judgment. It is about being trustworthy and straightforward in all of our working relationships.
- Speak up if we think something is wrong, without fear of recrimination
- Consult and communicate in an open manner
- Give advice we believe in
- Adopt a truthful and straightforward approach, even if the message is difficult
- Seek out, and give honest and constructive feedback
View Atkin Trustees here.